The objective of the KMBHL is to foster the growth of the sport and we are committed to;
- Provide a fun, safe recreational activity for all forms of competition
- Creating and implementing leadership opportunities for officials, coaches, volunteers and administrators.
- Establishing standards of play, and maintaining quality of equipment to ensure good sport and safety for all participants
- To maintain, distribute and uphold the rules and regulations of ball hockey in Kingston.
- Keeping the age difference in our Divisions to within two years (exception being our oldest Division)
- Balancing the teams the best we can to keep the level of enjoyment at the same level for everyone
Kingston Ball Hockey League Information
Season: From the last part of April to the end of June.
Divisions: IP, Squirt, Tyke, Novice, Atom, Peewee, Bantam and Junior.
Ages: Boys and girls ages 3 to 19 years old.
Time: Weekday Evenings (usually once per week).
Cost: $150.00 -sign up in January or February.
Rules: Non-contact, Similar to ice hockey.
TO SEE WHAT NIGHT OF THE WEEK YOUR CHILD MAY PLAY, PLEASE CLICK ON THE "Night of the Week" SECTION, UNDER THE "HOME" ICON
C.S.A. helmet with cage, "normal" hockey stick (no plastic blades), athletic support, hockey gloves, shin guards (soccer style, covered with socks) and running shoes are mandatory, some goalie equipment supplied and team shirts are provided.
Held in July, member leagues send their best "All Star" team(s) to compete for the title of Provincial Champion for their division/tier. These events are hosted by leagues at various sites across the Province. For more information about our Rep program please look at our FAQ link.
Included with Membership with the O.B.H.A., is limited medical and dental insurance coverage for injuries that may occur while playing the sport.